Vision and Mission
Economics for Education, Employment and Empowerment.
- To provide our students a strong academic foundation in concepts and principles of economics and make them to apply their knowledge to analyse economic issues and policies.
- Encourage and motivate our students for higher education, research, competitive examinations and self employment.
- Motivating them to become entrepreneurs so that they can contribute to the development of the economy.
- Providing career guidance to the students.
- Create awareness among the students with regard to policies and programmes of the government.
Department Profile & Activities
Sri Sarvgna management started a First Grade College of Arts and Commerce, at Nelamangala in the year 1984-85. In the year 1988-89 Sri Sarvagna management handed over the college to Sree Siddaganga Management with the blessing of His Holiness Dr. Sree Sree Shivakumar Swamiji, The founder of Sree Siddaganga Education Society, The Management committee appointed Sri. L. Channappa and Sri. H. M. Dakshinamurthy as permanent lecturers in Economics Department. L. Channappa was the first HOD of the department. With their effort, the department was well furnished with the number of books and journals. The teachers served in the department include Prof. B. L Vydyeswara, Prof. C. Nagaraju, Prof. Mohammed Athaulla and Prof. H. M. Dakshinamurthy.
Presently Prof. Vijaya Duggappa is heading the department of economics and supported by other staff member
Sri. Vijaya Duggappa
HOD of the Department